Golden Demon Europe 2016 Showcase and Report

 Well Golden Demon Europe was last week, let's see how I got on!



After working hard to finish two entries I was very pleased to get finalist pins for both.. First the high elf, which was entered into the single model catagory, won by Angelo Di Chello's Gaunt Summoner.



And also my unit entry, a catagory which was won by Andy Wardle's Deathwatch.


I reckon these are some of the best miniatures I've painted to date, and if you feel like voting on them on CoolMiniOrNot that would be awesome, they can be found here and here.

In terms of feedback, the judge said my faces need more attention, and I also think my freehand was poor. So I'm going to practice these things next. I've actually come away from the event super motivated, even though at points on the unit I was beginning to get burnt out, my wonderful girlfriend kept egging me on finish them. :)

Overall I really enjoyed the event, they ran several painting seminars and talking to the studio painters is always good, so there was more for me there than I had thought there might be and Amsterdam was a lovely city. Hopefully they'll run it again!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the pins! Both really nicely painted. The marines would definitely be improved with some chapter marking freehands on the pads that have space

    ReplyDelete