On The Desk - Mean and Green Part 4 - Banner and freehands


Back to the Archon this week (or rather a few weeks ago, had this update waiting for a while!) Let's have a refresh of where I was:

Let's look at the back banner thing. As I mentioned at the start I used a hairdryer to help bend the banner so it flows similarly to the cloak (a little change but it really help sell it to the viewer if elements are behaving consistently with regards to light and wind and things like that)
Much like with the front of the cloak I was quite happy with the look I had from the zenithal prime so I just used some glazes to smooth this out and then added the colour in as a glaze after.
Freehands! I'd like to tell you I researched some clever Eldar phrase to translate into runes but really I just made up some symbols.  I also put a little decoration on the border of the cloak. I used shades of grey to make sure these additions respected the lighting I'd already put in place.





Post a Comment