Joan of Arc : Part 1

It's time for a new project, and this time it's small!

Almost exactly a year ago, at Salute, I picked up a book, that book was Angel Giraldez' Painting Miniatures Vol 1. The book also came with a miniature and now I feel the time is right to have a go at it!



The model below is Angel's version:




His book is a well presented guide to painting various things, Angel has a style which uses an airbrush to lay down the initial blends and then finishes off with a brush which seems very effective and certainly is something I want to try. But as yet I don't have a real airbrush so that'll have to wait. I'll be roughly following his guide but with my trusty Winsor Newtons...



I think the reason I haven't got around to getting on the airbrush wagon is two fold, both the time and cost investment. Cost is obvious but time maybe less so, I feel like i'll be going back to basics when I finally do take the plunge and having to learn to paint all over again! Anyway, This is my girl, very small model lines so hopefully I got them all, undercoated with GW's 'the fang'..



I also have had this base kicking around since Smogcon 2014, it seemed suited to her so I'll be giving it a go and getting it nice and rusty I think!



Wish me luck, she's certainly a lot smaller than the Trolls!

Post a Comment