On The Desk - Renaissance Assassin by Shadowcrafter Miniatures Part 1


Towards the end of last year I picked up a few miniatures from the Figone online store (http://www.figone.fr/), while browsing the shop I came across this miniature and had to have it. It is the Renaisance Assassin by Shadowcrafter Miniatures (who have since renamed themselves Fantastic Miniatures, ) The model is now out of production so if you want one get it quick before supplies go! Here is the boxart shot:


As you can see the miniature is clearly not based on Assassin Ezio Auditore da Firenze from the Assassin’s Creed 2 series of games. The miniature comes with the option of a rapier type sword in his right hand or an extended hidden blade (again, this is totally not Ezio) he also has a second hidden blade protruding from his other hand. The details in the mini are lovely, great folds in the various materials in his outfit, the pose is very fitting of Ezio (not that it is Ezio you understand) In my excitement I forgot to take any 'bare' photos before the next step but fortunately another blogger I follow has done a lovely unboxing of this miniature. Check out Maartje Giesber's (MaGie) unboxing here (link).

Bizarrely although they were happy to include the Assassin's Creed symbol in the chest and hidden blades and other signature pieces they didn't include the peaked hood that Ezio and all the assassins have. Time to correct that! I've used my incredibly bad green stuff skills to add a little peak. There is a slight downside that it obscures the face a little more but I think that is fine with this mini.



Usually I do the base last on a mini but for this project I'm going to do a switcheroo and start with the base! Join me next week for some fun research and base building.


2 comments:

  1. Looks great, looking forward to seeing more. Is he 28mm scale?

    ReplyDelete