Dragon's Fury Aka Bruce Lee Pt 3.

Image result for working the body

This Week I will be mostly be working the body


Some of you may know Skin tones and painting faces are not my friend as you can see here but how else are things meant to get better if we don't persevere and push our self to do better and like the saying goes "every model you paint is only practice for the next one" its a good one and a good painter said that. 

So working from my fail and trust me its not the last I went back to work on the trousers 


I went for a green, black I prefer it over the blue one if you are not sure what I am talking about you can see the two in my painting black although I use purple instead of blue.

I started out almost highlighting the hole thing. I used Black and reaper Olive green.



Then began to bring it all back with the midtone.


I am also planning to use blue ink for the deepest shadow.

So moving on to what would be the biggest challenge for me the Skin and the face when looking at the skin and thinking about the how to create a nature skin color I looked out for some inspiration on what Bruce looks like or what a skin tone could look like and this was shown to me as an example.

    Viet Cong Guerrilla Fighter 1968

As you can see the skin tone is more of an Orchra then a rose. Here is my next that's just not going to work moments. I thought I could base it in a more Orchra color. 


Now I knew as soon as I had done this that it would not do and I would need to go over it again mainly because I don't think Bruce was Jaundice so it was back to the start with this behind me I went back to a more traditional skin tone so I used reaper Rosey skin amber tone with magenta and white and mahogany to highlight and shadow.

I am sorry that I did not take too many pics of my work in progress on the Skin so all I have is something closer to the end.





Still more to work to be done, but I feel it's a solid start and much better than before. Also need to try and get the courage to tackle the face.

But for now I will leave you all with the two.


Next week I will be doing my first official showcase of the finished model. 




   

1 comment:

  1. Good job, but where are the nipples? Looks a bit strange without. ;-)

    ReplyDelete