Dragon's Fury Aka Bruce Lee Pt 2.

Image result for The base

This Week its all about that base about that base (so sorry)


With this as what I have to work with.


I thought I would get to work on the wood for anyone who followers us and has been reading my work over the months my Post about painting wood really helped me With this.


I thought I would start off a bit simpler with this and begin with a very light brown with the idea of toneing it down and I am not two sure but I think I used reaper oiled leather for this. 



Then to add more texture I began using a darker brown. 


Now that I had some variation to the wood I used a a brown ink to bring it all together.


May add more to this, but as it is at the moment it is done.

Ok, so with the wood done at present I moved on to the dragon. I used a red base coat and began to block out the highlights and worked on how I wanted the light to work on the entire model YES you did hear right I am starting to think about the lighting on a model!!


At the moment I have become a big fan of over highlight and glassing the mid and shadow into it. Manly because it's easier to darken than to make things lighter.

So after a few glazes I also added in an extreme highlight of yellow. 


I also began to add some shadow with a purple. 


I do plan to add more contrast to this, but for now here it is together and looking good could be better but good.



And here we leave it for now next week I will be working on Bruce himself.


So what do you all think? 




   






Post a Comment