Brambleten's End of 2015 Review

When I started writing for Noobs and their Paintbrush at the beginning of the year, I set out a number of targets I wanted to achieve. Now the year is over, it's time to see if I achieved any of them!



The primary objective for 2015:
Complete 12 miniatures over the 12 months of the year.
 I took part in OMAM (One Miniature A Month) on The Ammobunker this year and I wanted to get a complete 24 months from 24. With Father Griffmas being finished before the New Year, I got my 100% record. Success! 

Secondary Objectives:
The first of which is to complete more miniatures than I did last year, so 50 plus.
I painted 49 miniatures in 2014, a large chunk of which were batch painted undead, so I thought I could do the same again and get to 50. This year, I managed 18, so I didn't get anywhere close! Something to do with seemingly becoming allergic to batch building skeletons this year, I think. Fail.

 Paint another 1500 points of my 5000pt Undead Army to take me up to 2500 points completed.
Well, that one failed. No undead finished at all this year. Fail.

Finish Warbands for Malifaux, ArcWorlde and the Batman Miniatures Game 
Here we have two Fails and a Success. I didn't paint any Malifaux this year, and my only ArcWorlde mini is currently a work in progress that needs finishing by the end of the year. The success is my League of Shadows crew, which was painted up in February and March for Batman.


  If I choose to enter a competition, such as Wamped V, to try to complete at least one entry.
This one is a Success. I got 3 entries into Wamped V, two of which were painted in 2015 - Deadshot and Alexandra.



Since then I also entered the Arkham City Limits Batman Gang comp (funnily enough, that's the LOS gang above!), the Purgatory Death Single Figure Category, the Another World 2015 contest and the Eavier Metal Winter Comp. 

I won the Purgatory contest with my version of Death, Bonnie finished last in the Another World comp and Father Griffmas is currently being thoroughly trounced in the EM Public Vote.




   Once they arrive, paint up at least one Guildball Teams I picked up from their Kickstarter.
 Yeah, that one is a Fail as well. I managed to paint a ball and a mascot, but nowhere near a full gang.

  Paint anything else that takes my fancy :)
I think this one goes down as both Fail and Success. I painted up a few BMG pieces I fancied, but there are still so many pieces that I've had ideas to paint but haven't had time to get around to them!

Overall, I'm putting this year down as "could do better." I hit my main target, but only got one skirmish gang painted up. 

Next week I'll have a look at what I plan to do painting-wise in 2016, including my all new project decision system! 


Post a Comment