Unboxing Twisted! Collector's Editions by Demented Games




Demented Games have been quietly releasing a series of  quality resin miniatures for their upcoming skirmish level game, Twisted – A Steampunk Miniatures Game. This will be coming to a Kickstarter near you soon so keep an eye out! Currently available are a series of limited edition releases to wet your appetite. I've had my eye on them for some time, especially after seeing a variety of top painters like Ben Komets do exceptional paintjobs on them. Their Black Friday offer proved too tempting to resist so I have a bundle of new resin to show you!

They all turned up in a bubble wrapped box from Australia, no damage at all which is always a relief! Inside were five blister packs, on the back a concept art and little blurb about the character. Also included with each miniature is a numbered certificate of authenticity signed by creator Sebastian Archer. Please note I've included some pictures from their website below so you can see what the assembled minis look like, along with my pictures of the components.



Onto the minis! Up first is Launcelot, sculpted by Sebastian Archer. A well dressed knight from the Servants of The Engine faction. This sculpt is one of my favourites, lots of beautiful detail on the clothes and opportunities for different textures.



Next we have Feygin, a gruesome looking character from The Dickensians faction. He is sculpted again by Sebastian Archer. I love the pose of him riding on a manhole cover carried by rats! Another sculpt with amazing details in the clothing.



Nightingale, sculpted by Patrick Masson, is from the Servants of The Engine faction. I love the filigree detail on the wings.




Gretel and Hansel (the lady and the monkey respectively!) are sculpted by Sebastian Archer. They belong to the Servants of The Engine faction. Once again a beautiful sculpt, the detail on the corset, the mechanical gauntlets, the MONKEY! Love it!



Finally we have Dodger from The Dickensians by Patrick Masson. This was the sculpt that helped me first discover Twisted. A wonderful concept that has been perfectly translated to the sculpt. The pose is energetic and I love the face on this one.



As you can see from the pictures these sculpts are very high quality, some of the best resin I've seen. There is a few bits of flash and some plugs to remove from bases but it's minimal stuff. I don't think I can recommend these guys enough, check out their website (www.dementedgames.com) where you can order the entire range and keep an eye out for the Kickstarter coming soon.


1 comment:

  1. They do have some awesome minis in the range - I've got Noveau, Launcelot and Nightingale already. Still need Gretel though, as I'm more into the clean and cold steampunk style of the Servants of the Engine than I am the crazy weird steampunk of the Dickensians.

    *Deletes photos taken in case of a Twisted unboxing* :)

    ReplyDelete