Brambleten Paints... ArcWorlde's Father Griffmas - Part 3

Merry Christmas and welcome to Part 3 of Brambleten Paints... Father Griffmas! With Christmas Day passed and the Eavier Metal comp deadline nearing (30th Dec), it's time to get a shift on!

Here he is, as he was at the end of Part 2:


So, pretty much a load of stuff left to do on him. To start off, I decided to work on his base rather than him.


I started off with the same brown as I used on his sack and weapon, P3 Umbral Umber, then added a liberal soaking of Devlan Mud.

I then added a few layers of Umbral Umber and mixed in some GW Tausept Ochre.



At this point, it's mostly done, just requiring one or two finishing touches, such as the base rim to be edged black and some more Devlan Mud on the loose dirt to give it more definition.


Back to ol' Griff himself. At the same time as I drowned the base in Devlan Mud, I washed all the bone and cream parts of the main guy, along with his bag.



With the base, midway through the basing stages above.


Deck Tan was added to rehighlight the cream areas.



The last miniature I finished was Bonnie from Another World and the main colour on her was her red dress. Once she was finished, I found that I could have added a lot more depth to it, so with Griff being largely red himself, I set out to not repeat my mistakes. 


Onto my palette went the main shade - P3 Sanguine Base, P3 Umbral Umber and S75 Sunset Purple for shading and Khorne Red, Mephiston Red and Evil Suns Scarlet for the highlighting. 

I'm working on the light coming from above him to his right, so from the base of his axe diagonally down.








I think a little more depth is needed, but it's hard to tell when not all the colours I want on the mini are on there at the moment. The next job was to start on his sack, so some Tausept Ochre was added to Umbral Umber.



This will probably be the last WIP post about Griffmas, thanks to his deadline being 30th Dec. The next time you see him, he should be completed!

Post a Comment