On The Desk - The Nurse Part 4


METALS! I decided to go for True Metallic Metals for this miniature for no reason other than I wanted to play around more with the Scale 75 metals. This is the last of the set of photos taken with my older camera so hopefully see better quality next week!

I decided to play around with mixing colours in with some of the metallics to create some interesting metals. You can see below that the large exhaust type contraption was actually base coated with a mix of S75 Thrash Metal and VMA Armour Brown to give this warm coppery colour. I also used this on the metal pipes and areas surrounding the exhaust. The piping up the back and around the head was basecoated with S75 Black Metal. I used to mix black with a metal like the old GW boltgun metal but I love this paint. For the fuel tank I again went for thrash metal but this time mixed in some VGC Scrofulous Brown (I was really just grabbing at paints near to me and seeing what worked!)

I continued by working in other colours. I started to use some Heavy metal to introduce lights onto areas, can particularly see this on the wheel of the fuel tank as well as the raised areas on the exhaust. I also used the same colour on the pipes round the head as well as using Speed metal for even lighter areas. I also started to work in glazes, particularly on the exhaust. I used a lot of VMC Smoke again, as I did with the leather for it's wonderful ageing look. In the shadows of nearly every metal surface I glazed it in. I also used some of the GW washes watered down, I used small amounts of Druchii Violet, Drakenhof Nightshade and Seraphim Sepia on the exhaust to help suggest heat damage on the pipework, especially at the welding points.


Here on a front shot you can see that I have done the buckles as well, this model has a lot of buckles! I also started painting up the dolls on the front of the coat, the dolls dress was done with Scrofulous Brown mostly with Smoke and some other washes to dirty it up a lot. The monkey was done with VMC Field Blue mixed with a little GW regal blue.


The buttons on the coat were done with S75 Viking Gold and Elven Gold again with washes on top to dirty it up a little. I also used the same metals that I used for the buckles to do the gun.



Back in with Speed metal to add some really sharp lights in various places, on buckles as well. For some reason I decided not to touch the weapon (scythe...thing?) at all at this point. It simply felt right to leave it and do it separately. That will likely be next week along with the face mask. Then we'll have to start thinking about a base!


 As always post a comment if you have any questions, suggestions, constructive criticism or abuse of my atrocious photography!










Post a Comment