A Step In The Wrong Direction

Image result for step in the wrong direction

As we all know with our painting, it is done in steps. Prime, Basecoat and so on and also most of us will know that at any point one wrong step can really upset the hole proses or even make hours upon hours wasted.

Right now you are properly thinking about this time.

Not a good feeling, is it!
  
Image result for baging your head on a wall

So why am I bringing this up, well, I had this feeling myself and thought I would share it all with you.

While I was painting the faces the FINAL step is to use a glaze of red Ink to bring back the red in the face that you lose because of the colors used. IE the greens and whites and blues mute the redness in the skin so you use a Red Ink glaze and you are finished.

You might be thinking what I had done and you would be Right and shocked.

Yes, I did overdo the Glaze But also I did not even use an Ink even though I was told to I was on a I wonder trip and like with most I wonder I am normally wrong.

I used clear red instead by reaper miniature if you have not heard of it, it is a pure pigment paint so made for glazes and so on and I thought well maybe.

and here it is.



If you look closely at the bottom one you will see the Over the top read. And this is my example of how turned a nights painting into nothing.

How have you made a masterpiece into a peace of ............   

4 comments:

  1. I'm always terrified by the later stages in a mini. It's easy to really mess up hours of previous work. But then if we do mess up, sometimes the redo is better then the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nah you are being too hard on yourself. Both pics are decent for different reasons and it would be easy to put our mid tones and highs back in. Now if you had, say grabbed a can of white to seal it instead of what you though was a can of clear coat, that would be sad...

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for the Kind replys I think sometimes I can be hard on my self also with limited time to paint it seems to hurt more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is nothing worse than having the desire and passion to paint but not the time. Been there, it goes in waves don;t sweat it and remember to have fun. You don't always have to push and feel like every mini is lesson. Sometimes its good to just paint :)

      Delete