Flask, Mascot for The Alchemist's Guild - Guild Ball

After painting a ball earlier in the month, I finally got my first proper Guild Ball mini painted - Flask from the Alchemist's Guild.


I started off with a medium silver base before adding some washes and the two GW technical paints that create a nice rust effect which I might have gotten a little too enthusiastic with.




The base is one of the Guild Ball resin toppers, with some flock and static grass added. I attempted to make it looks as though the tracks had crushed a path through the static grass, crushing it to flock but that isn't overly obvious from the pictures.


The vials were kept quite bright to add a contrast to the rest of the miniature which is relatively dark and dull, and they are helped along by a gloss varnish while the rest of the model was given a matte varnish.

As I was taking pictures for this post, a package arrived from Steamforged Games containing the order I placed on Salute day (which was almost 2 months to the day thanks to the wait on resin Kraken).


Hemlocke (Union) - She's not my favourite miniature from the Union team but was one of the few that was missing from my initial pledge so I picked her up.



Alt Kraken (Resin) - Fisherman's Guild. Seeing this guy and also Minx, I am now incredibly jealous of everyone who got their pledges entirely in resin. He is just awesome.





Also there are my Union Dice, which are an awesome swirly purple colour with gold numbering.


Finally, after protecting my cards with plastic wallet things, I picked up an UltraPro double deck holder in a recent Element Games order to look after them all. Thanks to the wallets being slightly too large for the holder, they are held firmly in place without damaging the cards at all - they can even be held upside down without moving. They fill maybe 1/3 of the case so there is plenty of space to put my Warmachine cards in and still have room for expansion in both games.






Post a Comment