Chaos Warriors Part ?



I am aware that something people might think should take a few days, but this has been a few weeks this is mainly because I get a few hours a day if any to paint and a perfection complex my wife tells me. 



BUT!!!



I am so happy that I have completed a Chaos Worrior ok, some of you might think this is not a big deal, but for me it kind of is and I will explain. 

When I first started Miniature Painting I was 13ish and painted for a few years Lizardmen and don't remember, but I am sure that is was not very good, even though I thought it was the best thing since the first coming of Zod. After about a year playing never winning and giving up I did not bother with anything for a few years, then at 18ish I painted a Demon prince then nothing for three years and I had a shot at another then nothing till now.

So I am pleased to present my first model in 7 years


 

I am Happy with this and I think that the time it took to paint was worth it.

Would be great to hear what you all think good and bad is welcome.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations! My favorite bits are the purple cloak, the horns, and the shield. Areas to work on would be adding some contrast between the axe handle and the glove (maybe some washes/glazes), and the boots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thing with the axe handle is it was going to be a white, but that did not work out well, so I went for a redish brown was either that or purple. The boots did turn out dark, but in my head I thought well they are muddy.

    But I have 2 more to do so I will keep this in mind Greg and apply what you have said to them also thank you for input it is very helpful

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think he doesn't count as finished until he is based ;)

    In all seriousness, it always feels good to finish a mini and he's pretty nifty at that, particularly the shield weathering and the contrast from the cloak.

    I would suggest in future starting from either grey or black primer for Chaos, seeing as the main aspects are of a darker shade - should cut out a little bit of time :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually disagree about starting from black. This guy looks crisp and vibrant. Too many Chaos painters default to a dull basecoat that devours the sort of, ah, vivacity and brightness of Chaos. The earliest generation of Chaos models were wild and crazy, not dark and boring, and this guy is an old-school paint job on a new-school model, which feels like the best of both worlds. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Kaptainvon for the Kind words and Brambleten much appreciated thank you.

    ReplyDelete