A Bargain and A Tip




I am aware this braking my normal Thursday, but I felt this could not wait and I had to share now I am not sure how things work in other countries, but in the UK, Sundays are for three things  religious worship (if that is something you feel you should) A big Lunch/Dinner and the good old car boot sale 

Image result for car boot sale

When anyone looks at some really amazing minis and then gets the urge to start painting themselves run into the issue of how to finance the hobby ok you are able to paint with a starter set for £20-£30 but if you want to paint like some of the world famous miniature painters then you need to invest in what you use and what you have in your arsenal. 

Ok, so now you decided you want to paint like the pros and you have invested in the tools of the trade you have to do some painting and if you want to improve you have to practice and that means painting models which like most things are not cheap and is just a nothing hurdle we all need to cross if we want to one day paint something people would wish they could also paint.

Now one way that I try to keep the cost of the hobby down is by not skimping on the materials, but by saving on the subject by subject I mean the models I paint and I thought I would share with you something I was able to pick up at a car boot sale at the weekend. 



This trip I was able to get a brand new 16 Dark Elfs for £6 and I am very pleased with myself and for the people reading this who does not understand why I will explain.

Games Workshop does not make these anymore But they do make something similar/renamed it from warriors to three other units of 10 men. 

So when we talk about Cost here is the break down 

10 Bleakswords £20 
16 dark Elfs £6

If you break it down further it goes as follows

Bleakswords £2 per model 

Dark Elfs 37.5p 

And this is how I try to save on the hobby so I am able to spend else where also who dosn't love a bargain. 

This is where I open it up to you all to share with us how you try to save on the hobby and maybe a few bargains you have got over the years.


   

2 comments:

  1. I thought so I get the odd bits but this was something that I have not come across

    ReplyDelete