Project Decision Time - Help Me Choose What Comes Next

I'm getting towards the end of my current miniature and I'm trying to work out what project to sink my teeth in to next.

Over the last month I've been attending a new gaming club that started up in town, so I want to try and return my focus to painting for gaming rather than painting for painting. The club is only small at the moment, and it's an even split of miniatures and Magic, so what I want to do is get some small warbands/armies built and painted for a few systems to be able to run demo games and get people into things if they aren't already, or to be able to pick up games with others who already run one of these systems.

These are the forces I am have figured out for my to do list. The question is, which order should I do them in?

Warhammer Fantasy - 1500 points of Undead Legion

About half painted, most of the rest still in boxes. Downsides - would need to build extra stuff (for summoning), would require an opponent.




Malifaux - Viktorias crew for Outcasts and Rasputina crew for Arcanists.

I already have all the minis, and as it is two factions, would be good for a demo game or both players learning the game. Downsides - Arcanists aren't built and awaiting my Basius set to produce bases for them, which should arrive in May.

Batman - Batman Crew (200), Arrow crew (200)

Minis in hand, and Batman is the game I have played most over the past month (2 games, 2 wins - go League of Shadows!), so to add some variety I'm looking to build two more crews. Small mini count - Batman is 3, Arrow is 2, but the downside is having to wait until May for the Basius gear. Another downside is that 6 of the 7 models (soon to be 7 of 8) that I have painted so far this year have been Knight Models stuff, so I feel like I could possibly do with paying attention elsewhere for a little while first.



Guild Ball - 2 of 5 teams.

Guild Ball hasn't shown up yet (I'm hoping it will in the next couple of weeks) but it's going on the list. People at the club have expressed an interest in it, so it would be ideal to get a few people learning together. Downside - don't have the minis yet, board markings are quite specific and the gaming mat is at least a few weeks away (funding on Indiegogo finishes tonight).

Warhammer 40k - 1k each of Astra Militarum and Grey Knights.

I've not played 40k since 5th Ed really, so I'm pretty much learning from scratch. The majority of these two forces are built (just a Chimera and some Knights are unbuilt) so would just need painting. This would either allow for variety or allow for demo games.





ArcWorlde - Albionnican Empire and Halflings

Minis in hand and can be built without waiting on basing supplies. Two sides allows for learning and demo games. Downsides - Rules are currently digital, which will make teaching awkward.





Warmachine - Retribution

An outside bet, seeing as I don't own any Warmachine yet. I plan on picking up the Retribution All In One box when it gets released in June to get me started. Downsides - Won't be able to start until June at the earliest.

Summary

While I'd like to get cracking on something as soon as I finish what I am working on (which should be in the next couple of days), I could be tempted to wait until Guild Ball arrives to make a decision and just build stuff or work on my WIP Mortis Engine for the Undead.

So, what would people actually like to see next? I'm open to pretty much any of it, taking into account that I won't be able to fully work on Malifaux and Batman stuff until May and Warmachine the month after.


1 comment:

  1. I'd work on the skirmish stuff first, so you can play sooner :).

    ReplyDelete