Warhammer The End Times: Archaon

After a little initial trouble with items not appearing, Games Workshop have released the fifth book of The End Times - Archaon. Also released this week is the Khorne Wrathmongers/Skullreapers box set.


There are four versions of the book available at the moment - Limited Edition, Hard Back and Interactive Edition, and standard eBook, with the paperback to follow, presumably minutes after the Hard Back sells out.

The Limited Edition was £150 with only 500 copies available. I say was, as it sold out pretty quickly. Along with the two Archaon books (The Fluffy One and the Gaming One), it came with a 280 page End Times artbook, featuring work from all of the End Times series.

The standard Hard Back is £50 (pictured at the top of the page) and is currently 1 per order on the GW site. Unlike Thanquol (End Times book 4), it also appears to be available outside of GW, so Indies like Element Games and Wayland will be getting limited supplies of them. The paperback will probably follow as soon as GW sell out of their quota, most likely at £45 but that isn't confirmed yet.

Finally we have the two digital editions, at £44.99 for the Interactive one and £29.99 for the standard.

Now on to the minis - Just the one box, and it will make you either 5 Khorne Wrathmongers or 5 Khorne Skullreapers. As you've probably guessed, it's plastic, and will be priced at £34.50.



Above - Wrathmongers. Below - Skullreapers.


I'll be honest, I'm not a Chaos person. I own some Knights and some Daemonettes, but that's it so when I say the minis aren't really my cup of tea, I'm already relatively biased against them. That said, I can't wait for my book to arrive so I can see what happens next.

Oh, I almost missed it, also released is the next novel in The End Times - The Lord of the End Times. That is a hardback and will set you back £20, unless you want to wait for the paperback, which will probably join the others at £9.99 RRP.




Post a Comment