Pk-pro Miniature-Holder Review.

I bought the Pk-pro miniature holder when I was transforming my spare room into a studio and saw these and thought that they would make a great addition.

 Ok to start off with they come in two sizes 30mm and 54mm they are a plaster/ceramic base with a cork that fits into a hole in the middle, on this version the Cork has a slit in it so you are able to have your pins or base fit nicely into the cork without too much hassle.





Now the part that drew me to them was the way that you are able to hold the mini with the add on of the metal which makes it a lot easier to hold it steady while painting as well as keeping your hand away from the painted model and there for no risk of messing the paint job.



Also, I need to point out now and you may notice I have rather small hands. But as you can see, you are able to hold the model in a comfortable way that allows you to work for longer because you are not getting issues with cramp for trying really hard to hold it steady. ( A tip if you have shaky hands is to rest your elbows on the table to help stop it)

Also in case you are working on something that maybe needs you to just have the base and cork and not the metal finger, then you are able to remove it by removing the Skull (nice touch) and releasing the small metal o ring at the bottom to remove it.



All in all I think these are great and I have heard rumors that there may be a 3rd edition of these and I personally can't wait to see what they plan for these, although I cannot see anything that needs to be changed. But all in all a fantastic addition to your workstation if you are looking for a model holder.

There are two stockist that I know about that have these there may be more if there is please send a message and I will add them but the two that I know of are.

Pk-Pro

Wamp

I hope you found this helpful and informative.



Post a Comment