Review: Games & Gears Ichban studio survival kit

I got the Games & Gears Ichban studio survival kit for painting on the go thanks to the fact they are more like a metal pen than a regular paint brush, and therefore more durable for painting away from my workstation at home.




The kit comes with four brushes in the sizes 00,0,1,2 as well as a very handy leather carry case for them.


The brushes "closed" are a little smaller than a pen (although in the picture I used a mechanical pencil)


When the brush is ready for painting its about the same size.


As well as the brushes and chase you also get the paint brush towel and soap.


The Towel is nothing special compared to any hand towel and the soap I have not yet used due to the fact I have other soap I need to use first.

The brushes are made of metal and the hair is red stable the same as my main brush set at home. My first thought of this set was of disappointment........ Not that they were poorly made, but they were better than I thought. I wanted to buy something that I did not mind getting knocked about, but I really like them and feel they are just as good as my main brushes which are not what I originally wanted.

So that that's what you get in the kit all that is left to do is to paint with them and see how they work out.

As I bought these for painting on the go I wanted till I was out painting and after snipping a few stray hairs they were perfect, a bit bigger longer than I am used to but, the paint hold was good and they kept their tip well. I did notice that in one of the paint brushes the neck had some scratches on them may or may not be from the putting the brush head back into the handle.

All in all the brushes are perfect for almost any purpose home use or out and about, and I would highly recommend them. The set that I got was £39.99 and because the spend was over £30 shipping was free, but you are able to get it for less with small sets depending on what you need, but if you are on the look out for a new set these might be just what you are looking for.

Games & Gears






Post a Comment